Georgia Landowner Academy Session #2: Recordkeeping
The Georgia Landowner Academy empowers landowners wanting to learn how to manage the business, agricultural and natural resource responsibilities of land ownership. The Academy also positions clients to access government, private sector and nonprofit programs that encourage property ownership and housing stability. Topics range from record keeping, managing farming and forestry operations, taxes and estate planning. Participants receive information on heirs property and how owning heirs property can be a barrier to qualifying for programs to improve one’s land. Participants also receive information on how to clear title to their property and were offered free wills prepared by a licensed attorney.
Landowner Academy Topics Include:
- Orientation/Landowning 101
- Essentials of Recordkeeping & Rural Housing Programs
- Planning for the Next Generation: Estate Planning & Probate
- Forest Management/Understanding Taxes
- Agricultural Management/Business Essentials
- Wildlife Hunting Leases
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT.